04 June 2010

Pretzel M&Ms

Today was my fourth day of eating vegan, and besides not putting cheese on a pizza I made, I haven't noticed the difference.

Sean has been eating a good (?) amount of pretzel m&ms, in which I can not partake. I suppose it's probably for the best.

He had his psych evaluation today, and more problems with his meds. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when all of this is over; every day has been starting with something stressful, and I'm really ready for that to be over. However, I can imagine that after he gets better, daily events will feel just too calm, like there's an explosion waiting to happen. Almost our entire relationship has been like it is now, with near-daily hospital visits, and occasional stressful medicine refills -- I'm really excited to find out how we fade out of that habit, and into normal life.

Not that things will be easy anytime soon. Sean will be in the hospital for 4-6 weeks beginning as early as June 18th. When he gets out, he's facing daily hospital visits to get blood drawn for 1-2 months. Basically, for the six months after his transplant, he won't be going more than two weeks without a hospital visit for labs. It all seems impossible right now, but I know we'll just plow through until everything is done. The first transplant seemed impossible too, until we did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment