10 June 2010

16th Street Benefit

There wasn't a great turn out at the benefit show last night, which was unfortunate, as it may be Sean's band's last show. However, I got to see Dog Party for the second time, and they even played a longer set. Those girls are just amazingly talented -- at 14 and 11, they're so much better than most of the local musicians twice as old.

My parents came, and Sean gave them a shout out, which was nice of him and for them. It was relevant, because the megaphone he sings out of was their Christmas gift to him.

After the show and unloading equipment, Sean and I stumbled upon Alaric and Lisa walking home, and ended up hanging out for an hour or so. It was a great out-of-the-ordinary post-show celebration.

I am really not feeling my writing right now, so I'm gonna wrap up.

(I do think it's really amusing that I linked to Lisa's blog on here, as she is my only follower!)

3 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you both last night. I want to occasionally feature local stylish people for my blog, do you want to be my first? (If you need help with photos I could do a very non-professional photoshoot for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be flattered! I only have a normal digital camera, but I'm also really awkward about having my picture taken, so it's a toss up. I'd love to do it, though. We can figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm glad you want to do it, you always are wearing the cutest vintage outfits.I'm the most awkward poser ever, digital cameras are a lifesaver. My camera is also just a point and shoot. Do you want it be in interview form or something else?
    I'm thinking 5 different outfits would be good.

    ReplyDelete