07 June 2010

Beep beep boop.

I am very apprehensive about Sean's bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. They really mess him up. He's going into the hospital for a heavy dose of Oxycontin beforehand, which hopefully will make the aftermath less painful.

I tracked down spring roll wraps today, which turned into an hour of (predictably) spring roll wrapping. The little darlings were filled with rice noodles, carrots, mint, cilantro, bean sprouts, and basil. The first thing I dipped them in was a homemade peanut sauce, but when that ran out, I just moved onto Trader Joe's Soyaki, which turned out to be even better. I'm on a mission to make a perfect peanut sauce, but I lost my touch after the first couple of attempts.

Now, the fridge is full of leaves, and I must find a use for them so as not to waste. Ideas?

Work starts on Monday, my birthday on Tuesday. I wish I'd have money for my birthday, but it doesn't really matter. Something that really does suck, though, is that Sean and I really wanted to take a small trip somewhere in celebration. Thinking of the timetable, though, this really doesn't work. He has his biopsy tomorrow, and his benefit show on Wednesday. On Thursday, my friend is coming into town (not completely vital for me to stay, but I rarely see her, and we are very close), then on Friday, Sean's cousin is getting married. Monday, I start working, and have no idea what kind of hours I'll get.

We talked today a bit about moving, though. Obviously, his health is the most important thing, and it's impossible to make rigid plans, but neither of us want to stay in Sacramento forever, nor in the USA forever. That's as specific as we can get at this point, but the prospect of moving and traveling again got me very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment