28 June 2010

Dingaling.

There is no alarm quite like the sound of the person you love crying in pain.

Just sent Sean off to the ER -- he couldn't talk quite enough to tell me what was wrong, except that everything hurt. I had to call his mom and ask her to take him to the hospital, because I have to work in a couple of hours. This past week has been pretty rough. I always wish that Sean could do stuff and enjoy himself before he goes into the hospital, especially because this time is going to be for so long. But by the time his admission date rolls around, he's always feeling really shitty because it's been so long since his last chemo, and his tumors are all swelling again and hurting him.

Actually, I guess Sean does enjoy himself before he goes in. He just does it by playing music with other people, an activity in which I am not involved. I only see the exhausted aftermath of any enjoyable thing that he does.

I don't know what they're going to do about this pain that he's in. He was going to get admitted tomorrow anyway, and if he needs surgery or anything (because it's quite possible this is a kidney stone) it could very well delay the bone marrow transplant he's scheduled to begin pre-meds for tomorrow.

Hopefully, this will all be over soon. It won't, but I still hope for it. I don't even know if we've hit the worst of it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment