16 June 2010

Getting the ball rolling.

I've actually had a pretty accomplished day. Went to work from 11-3; a period of time that was shockingly dull, considering all the training I had to cover. Working those hours really messes up my eating schedule. I wake up automatically around 9, and I'm usually ravenous either when I wake up, or shortly after I wake up. I eat around 9:30, and get hungry again around 2. I only get a 10 minute break for these short shifts around 1, and I'm never hungry that early. Hopefully my body will throw me a bone sometime soon and fucking acclimate, because that last hour is pretty miserable.

Anyway, my problems are small.

When I got home, Sean was awake, and we went out and posted fliers for his show on Friday. I got to do a little shopping, because the stores in which we taped them up were mostly thrift. I bought a straw cloche-style hat from Cuff's as a birthday present, and I think it will be a staple this summer.

Sean and I returned from advertising and a trip to the hardware store, and we sat in the backyard working on projects. He's sanding and painting one of his guitars, and I'm painting and re-upholstering a chair that was sitting on my grandparents' porch for about a decade. Both of us are teaching ourselves. I just left him outside on his own, because I ran out of paint.

I found some people looking for a roommate in their apartment, and emailed them. Even if they don't email me back, it feels really good that I'm in the position to move out.

No comments:

Post a Comment