03 June 2010

Employed.

I got a job. It's at Starbucks. Not as local as I'd hoped, but I hear it's a good company to work for.

This means I can move out of my parents' house, which I'm very excited about. I've never lived on my own in Sacramento before. It probably won't be as interesting as I imagine, but maybe it will be similar to when I first started driving, when the places and streets I'd traveled so many times become suddenly unfamiliar. As soon as I've saved up money for rent and a deposit, I'll be looking for a place. Sean's long hospital stay for his transplant begins earliest on June 17th, and we're planning on moving in together when he gets out. It will be weird, though, if I'm hunting alone for the first apartment we'll live in together. I think the recovery will be better for him this time if he has a home to come to, instead of a parent's house in which he is required to be.

Hopefully after this, his cancer will be completely gone, so he's not in constant debilitating pain during the recovery. Hoping his cancer is gone probably goes without saying.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting month for you and congrats on the job! I'm glad you started a blog. I think you will love living on your own. Let me know when you get paid so we can go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to moving out. I recently realized that I've been with my folks for almost a year! That is just too damn long.

    ReplyDelete