08 July 2010

Olive oil follow up, and more cooking.

The result of the olive oil in my hair was disappointing. After shampooing it out, my hair was just as dry as before, which I later figured out was from a product change. I guess I should have realized that from the beginning, but I've never been one to look for an easy solution. Instead of being logical, I assumed that my hair had completely changed textures in the middle of one day.

Sean's bone marrow transplant was yesterday, and I was not there, just like the first one. Aside from the fact that I had to work, I guess procedures like that just direct more traffic through his room, and he's already privacy-starved as it is. I really don't want to cause any discontent while he's in the hospital. A lot of people (NOT most of his friends, who are really wary about stopping by) assume that because he's in the hospital, any familiar face will be a joy. Maybe that would be true if he were there for a week or two (maybe not, though), but for a month, it's the place that he's living, and I think he'd like it if people treated it more like he's just at his apartment. Sometimes he just doesn't anyone there, and I think it should be his right to utilize his power over the things he actually can control, since so much is out of his hands.

That being said, I'm sure if a friendly phone number were to text him as a prelude to a visit, it would work out just fine.

I made some work pants into capris today. I'm not generally a supporter of that pant length (on myself, anyway), but today I just couldn't stomach anything else. I cut almost a foot off, hemmed them, wore them to work, and all was happy until I got home. Since I've been a vegan, I'm losing weight, and the pants in question no longer fit. I decided to just run a seam 5/8" inside of the outer-leg seam (I am probably making legitimate sewers cringe with this language), which worked out just fine until I broke my needle on a grommet. Blah blah blah, I now have a pair of capris with a home-sewn seam down one leg and not the other. I replaced the needle, but the machine didn't work anymore after that. If my serger still worked, I would use that, but it also broke on me a few weeks ago.

Maybe it's me?

This is getting extra-long, so I'll just finish by saying that I baked vegan sweet potato buttermilk biscuits after the sewing failure. I used to make Bisquik biscuits all the time as a child, and these were similar. The one I ate was just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment